Shimogga Institute of Medical Sciences was started in 2005. The institute is located in Bangalore-Honnavara National-highway 206. With about 50 acres, the institute has an attached hospital too. The institute offer courses MBBS in U.G and P.G programs like Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Forensic Medicine and Pathology.
Central Library in Shimogga Institute of Medical Sciences (SIMR) has few sections like periodic section, journal section, digital library and printing facilities.24 hours of emergency care is also available in the hospital. There is only little number of seats in the post graduate programs. It means getting seats are competitive.
The fee structure is quite reasonable. To tell about the wastes got from hospitals are taken by rag pickers and recycled properly.
Dr. Kadam Awards
1. Dr. Rai Krishna Mahanti Memorial Gold Medal Award National Anatomy Conference at Culcutta in 1998.
2. Karnataka HDMC Rojosstava Award Nov – 2003, Hubli.
3. Dr. G.V. Bhatt Memorial Prize best Paper award (CSEPI India) International Conference in Bangalore in 2006
4. Dr. (Smt) S. Kantha Gold Medal award for best Scientific Paper Published in “Anatomica Karnataka” Journal, KCA conference in Mysore in 2007 .
5. Sri Devarj URS Medical College Gold Medal award in Kolar in 2010.
6. Karnataka Institute of Medical Science, Gold Medal Award at SIMS, Bangalore in 2013
SHIMOGA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
SHIMOGA – 577 201