Merit cum Means Scholarship for Minority Students | Scholarship Details | Campushunt

Merit cum Means Scholarship for Minority Students

Course Category: Engineering

About (Brief discription)

Not every student in India is economically and socially sound. To support and encourage such students, this scheme provides financial assistance to the meritorious but economically disadvantaged students belonging to minority communities.

It would help them to pursue professional and technical courses. The scholarship can only be availed by Indian students for studying in India. It’ll be awarded through the State Government/ UT Administration or through an Agency designated by them. For detailed information, you can go through the rate of scholarship given below.

Eligibility

1.Students who get the admission to a college to pursue technical/ professional courses based on a competitive examination.

2.The student must belong to Muslim, Christian, Parsi, Buddhist, Sikh or Jain community.

3.Students who get the admission to a college to pursue technical/ professional courses without taking any competitive examination must have 50% marks at higher secondary/ graduation level. The evaluation of such students would be done strictly on merit basis.

4.The annual income of the student or his/her parents should not exceed INR 250,000 from all sources.

Registration Process

1.Visit the official website – www.scholarships.gov.in

2.It is mandatory for every student to apply online

3.Fill the form and attach the required documents

4.Submit the form

Steps in detail :

(i) The scheme is implemented through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website of this Ministry i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in.

(ii) The list of documents to be scanned & uploaded for both Fresh and Renewal Scholarships as under:
     a) Student Photo. (Mandatory)
     b) Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory)
     c) Self declaration of Income Certificate by the student. (Mandatory)
     d) Self declaration of community by the student. (Mandatory)
     e) In case ofFresh:Self Attested Certificate of ‘Previous Academic Mark sheet’ as filled in Form.(Mandatory)
     f) In case of Renewal: Self-Attested Certificate of Previous Year Marksheet as filled in the Form.(Mandatory)
     g) Fee Receipt of current course year. (Mandatory)
     h) Proof of Bank Account in the name of student. (Mandatory)
     i) Aadhaar Card (optional)
     j) Residential Certificate. (Mandatory)

Funding pattern of the scheme :

100% Central Assistance will be given. 

Contact Details

Ministry of Minority Affairs
11th Floor, Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan,
CGO Complex,Lodhi Road,
New Delhi-110003

More

http://www.minorityaffairs.gov.in/SCHEMES/PERFORMANCE/Scholarship-Schemes/merit-cum-means-scholarship-scheme