INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) Scholarship | Scholarship Details | Campushunt

INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) Scholarship

Course Category: Science

About (Brief discription)

Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) scholarship is a flagship programme by the Department of Science & Technology. This is one of the most popular scholarships after 12th pass. It helps students who want to pursue science intensive courses. The motive behind this programme is to attract and enhance talent with an aptitude for research and innovation.

This would help the country to build the required resource pool for strengthening and expanding science and technology system and research and development base.

The scholarship is granted to 10,000 students, each valued at INR 80,000 per annum for students pursuing Bachelors and Masters level courses in Basic and Natural Sciences.

Selected candidates will be supported for a maximum period of five years, starting from the 1st year BSc, BS, Int. MSc/Int. MS or until the completion of the course, whichever is earlier.

Eligibility

1).Indian students with aggregate marks within top 1% of their class 12th examination of any state/ central board in India are eligible for this scholarship.

2).The student must be pursuing courses in Natural and Basic Sciences at the B.Sc, B.S. and Int. M.Sc./ M.S. level. Subjects include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics, Geology, Astrophysics, Astronomy, Electronics, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Anthropology, Microbiology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, Atmospheric Sciences and Oceanic Sciences.

3).Students who have secured ranks in JEE (IIT), AIPMT (within TOP 10,000 ranks) and are presently pursuing Natural and Basic Science courses in India

4).Students pursuing integrated M.S. courses at IISERs, NISER and Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences, KVPY, NTSE, JBNSTS scholars and International Olympiad medallists pursuing Bachelor/ Master level courses in Natural Sciences

Contact Details

Contact Us INSPIRE Programme Division Department of Science and Technology,

Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,

New Delhi – 110 016.

Tel. No: 0120-4676260

More

inspire.prog-dst@nic.in